Friday, September 24, 2010

Country Road, Take Me Home...

If you've been following my tweets, you'll know we've come to the decision to move to North Carolina. A home in the country in a town with a population of around 300 is just too good to pass up. All signs point to go. Staying seems impossible at this point, and after a lot of thought and prayer over it, we decided to do it!!

We've always wanted to have an adventure, and move off to a little country town where we'd have wide open spaces and good schools for the kids. And this place comes with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, a Sister, a Dad and Stepmom; even a free house. That's right A FREE HOUSE. Who can say no to that?!

I'm excited, scared and exhausted from all the packing. Six more days and we'll be on the road, driving towards our cozy little red brick home. And if the offer of a home wasn't simply extraordinary in itself; the fam up there has been busily refurbishing it to get it ready for us! New ceilings, new linoleum in the kitchen and bathroom, fresh paint and more. Grateful doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. The generosity of family in what began as a hard time for us, has made this feel more like an adventure and a step towards a positive future for my whole family! My kids can't wait to see the snow!!

As for me, I am awed and humbled and spilling over with JOY! I am ready to close the book of Florida, and began the second book in my trilogy of life; North Carolina!! Here we come!!!

Once we're settled, expect more posts here, and manuscripts: get ready to have your selves opened and edited. For now, there's a lifetime of stuff to pack.

In which I take my leave..... *furiously stuffs crap in boxes, tapes neatness and order inside, settles for messy house in the meantime* ;)

Peace!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment