Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Culinary Lamentation


Last night, my Grandma Carolyn passed away. She had Alzheimer's and Post-Polio Syndrome. She had Polio from when she was born in 1933 until she was about 5. She didn't walk until then. But then she was somehow recovered and grew up into a beautiful woman, got married and had my Dad and Aunt. Married again, and had a great (I hope) time with her grandkids; me and my older sister. Until we moved away about 19 years ago.

Anyway, I will miss my Grandma, but I know she's not in pain anymore (the PPS was pretty severe), and she's in that cosmic place in the heavens where we will all end up one day. And I'll see her again. Good part to me: she can see my Grandpa again, who was murdered when I was about 12.




So in her honor, I made this delicious from scratch, fresh-fruit blueberry pie. I named it, "I Miss My Grandma Blueberry Pie".




















In my day of lamentation, I also made this delicious beef stew; in her honor:




















RIP CAROLYN WALDA CARTER JUNE 16, 1933 TO JANUARY 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment