Monday, January 24, 2011

I am Pie Samurai

Yesterday was National Pie Day, and in honor of such, I made my Awesome Apple Pie.

YOWZA. It's the best one I've ever made, and let me tell you...I ate it for dinner. Yes my huge slice of Pie was dinner.

Do you wanna make pies? Yes I wanna make pies! And I made a damn good pie. I am Pie Samurai. Observe, and witness the yumminess.





















And just to be generous, here's my recipe:

1.) AWESOMELY AMAZING APPLE PIE

Serves 10 to 12

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
12 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
3/4 cup sugar, plus additional for pie top
Sugar & Cinnamon to taste
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter
Drizzle of honey
1large egg, beaten
2 Pre-made or from Scratch Pie Shells

1. Heat oven to 375. Press one pie shell into the pie plate. Place the other circle on waxed paper, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill all pastry until firm, about 30 minutes.

2. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, spices, and flour. Toss well. Spoon apples into pie pan. Dot with butter, drizzle a touch of honey and cover with remaining pastry circle. Cut several steam vents across top. Seal by crimping edges as desired. Brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with additional sugar.

3. Bake until crust is brown and juices are bubbling, about 1 hour. Let cool on wire rack before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment