Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blue Cakes, Pink Mustangs and Croup. Oh, and flu. And a Sys Admin!

Hello! I have been very busy the past few weeks and haven't updated my blog, and thus I apologize. However, I have had good reason to be absent! My daughter's 5th birthday party was a couple weeks ago, and with that came hosting and out of town guests. I was required to make her cake this year (by order of her highness) and did that as well. It wasn't the most beautiful cake, but it was damn good!

Here it is: "Blue Strawberry Birthday Cake with Blue Sprinkles"



















The cake was a hit, and so were her gifts. She even knew that this present she was opening was a baby doll-that she picked out at the store, no less- and feigned excitement. I have to say I am proud of her acting skills.






















The hit of the day was her long coveted Pink Mustang, which I was able to get for her with the help of my entire family. Seriously do Power Wheels really need to be $300? Anyway my 2 year old son loves being chauffeured in it now:


So after all that died down, then the kids started getting sick. My daughter and youngest son got a bad cough, then fevers and a doc visit revealed an ear infection in my toddler. And croup in both of them. My toddler's state was worse off so he was prescribed an oral steroid for his lungs and antibiotics for his ears. And let me tell you that terrible two's (which his aren't usually that bad, but he has his moments) mixed with roid rage is NOT cool. Wow, I have never seen a little dude get so mad and start chucking his cars around because you told him to wait one sec on the juice refill cause you're elbow deep in a sink of dishes. Glad that script is gone!! My daughter seems to be coping with it better, but gets intermittent fevers and lethargy which are really weird. She's fine one second, and then suddenly falling asleep and has a fever. My oldest son, who is in first grade had managed to avoid all this so far, until last night....

And he doesn't have croup. No, he has the flu. He started to run a fever last night shorty before bedtime. We gave him some Motrin and thought ok, maybe he's getting the croup too. Well, about midnight last night, I'm taking a shower and suddenly hear a loud "Thud!" from the kids' bedroom. Then I hear hubby scrambling and walking urgently across the house between the kids' room and the kitchen. Meanwhile, I'm trying to hurry up so I can help because I'm wondering what the hell is going on in there. I get out and WOW, the smell almost knocked me over. That poor dude got sick, from his top bunk, puked most of it onto his baby brother's toddler bed (but managed to actually miss said toddler) jumped over the puke pile, and ran to get Daddy. I cleaned up the boy while hubby cleaned up the mess, and I'm throwing various things in the washer as he's handing them off to me. I almost puked about 10 times. Yeah, it was like that. HORRIBLE!!! Oh the joys of parenting! And may I mention how thankful I am for adult immune systems? So far I've only had a sore throat. Yay! Maybe that antibiotic I took earlier in the month for my sinus infection helped me out.

And so here I am, nursing 3 sick children who are all laying around watching movies. And I'm cooking to ease my boredom. If my first attempt at homemade bread turns out, I may post it here!

OH!!!!! Hubby got promoted at his work to System Administrator. He got a raise, an iPad, and they're going to start paying for our internet and his cell. Score!!!! I am so proud of him, after almost 12 years in generally the same positions, he's finally gotten that promotion he deserves. You go, sexy! Your wife thinks you rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment