Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Hunger Games Ate Me

One day last week or so, I was bored and looking for a new book to read on Amazon. I came across the HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins, and read the first chapter. OMG, I was hooked, and didn't hesitate to buy the Kindle version right then and there. I live way out in the country, so a trip to the bookstore takes forever, and I didn't want to wait for the UPS guy to hook me up. I also ordered the whole set so I could read CATCHING FIRE and MOCKINGJAY. I read all three books in about 5 days, which is kind of a record for me. I even avoided laundry to get in more reading time. Dedicated, I am. And a lifetime fan now. I even had dreams about Katniss kicking various people's asses and the story has stuck with me since. I know I'm late to the party here, but I am in love with this series. And I'm happy to know they're making a movie out of the trilogy next year, set to be released March 23, 2012.




I wish there were more amazing kick ass stories like this. It takes YA (for me) to a whole new level of maturity, and it's subject matter is refreshing in a sea of vampires, werewolves and other random mythical creatures. Not that I don't like those things, they just could use a rest. Katniss's voice is strong, intelligent and to the point. She's a woman of action with a heart of gold. She just keeps it safely behind her bow and arrow!

If you haven't read the HUNGER GAMES, don't waste anymore time. Go read it!! Here I will make it easy for you, click this! Broke? Check out the library, or borrow it from a friend!

Holla!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! This series rocks unlike any other!

    ReplyDelete