1.) AWESOMELY AMAZING APPLE PIE
Serves 10 to 12
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
12 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
3/4 cup sugar, plus additional for pie top
Sugar & Cinnamon to taste
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter
1large egg, beaten
2 Pre-made or from Scratch Pie Shells
1. Heat oven to 375. Press one pie shell into the pie plate. Place the other circle on waxed paper, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill all pastry until firm, about 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, spices, and flour. Toss well. Spoon apples into pie pan. Dot with butter, and cover with remaining pastry circle. Cut several steam vents across top. Seal by crimping edges as desired. Brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with additional sugar.
3. Bake until crust is brown and juices are bubbling, about 1 hour. Let cool on wire rack before serving.
2.) SISSY'S NAUGHTY 9-LAYER DIP
- 2 Cans Re-fried Beans
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef ( Browned and cooked with Taco Seasoning)
- 1 jar of Salsa
- 1 16oz. Container of Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce (about ½ a head of lettuce)
- Diced Tomatoes (about 2 large tomatoes)
- Diced Onions (about ½ large onion)
- Sliced Black Olives (1 can)
- 1 Bag of Mexican Cheese
( Optional Guacamole)
- Tortilla Chips
Spread the beans on the bottom of a fairly large casserole dish or baking pan. Next add cooked seasoned ground beef. Be sure it is at least room temp, so as not to melt the sour cream. Then pour entire can of salsa over meat and spread evenly, then spread the sour cream over the layer of salsa. Finish remaining layers by adding all vegetables and top off with cheese.
Serve immediately with Tortilla Chips. Enjoy!